Thursday, June 28, 2012

'Seekers' get a last minute revision, new actress in mind for the lead.

Hello Horror Freaks!

It's been quite a while since I've blogged, so here are a couple updates.

1.  My zombie screenplay Seekers, has undergone a major revision.  The female lead, which I had Jennette McCurdy in mind to play, has now been changed to another actress, only this one is recognized in the genre.  I won't reveal who I have in mind, yet, but rest assured I think she is more than capable of playing the part.  I still have genre fave, Bill Oberst, Jr., in mind for the male lead, that of Henry "Hank" McCulley, a military officer who knows first hand how the zombie epidemic started.  The screenplay has been sent to two prodco's as of this writing. 

2.  My second feature, Hell Weekend, has been on the back burner because I could only revisit that landscape so many times before I ran out of steam with it.  So I am letting simmer. The story revolves around a young girl who must fight back against a backwoods, pick ax wielding psycho and his demented family members.  I have Maria Olsen (Paranormal Activity 3, Way Down in Chinatown) and Gregory Blair (Deadly Revisions, The Great Venice Robbery) pegged to star in this one. It'll be interesting to see them bring the characters of Rose and Claude to life. 

3.  In early June, I did a one minute interview with Shriekfest founder/director/actress, Denise Gossett.  You can read the interview here on my blog.  I'm thinking of doing the radio interview to give myself a bit more publicity. 

4.  And finally, my short story, Slicer, is almost completed and will be submitted to the LGBT horror anthology, Blood Drenched Rainbows, as part of the NOH8 campaign. 

That's all for now.  Hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far.  And remember...

Keep screaming!   >:-D

1 comment: