Friday, December 16, 2011

'Seekers' gets title change; 3 new scripts in the works

     Sorry if I haven't been updating lately.  Been writing like crazy working on three new scripts, one of which I'll submit to next years Shriekfest.  I've also been fine tuning Seekers, which is now being called Resurrection of the Dead. 
     For Shriekfest, I am working on three screenplays, one called Shadows of Night, which follows a woman trying to protect her family from evil entities after they buy a new home.  The second is called Slicer, about a young man who works in a deli and, after being tormented one time too many by his coworkers, decides to get rid of them the only way he knows how:  by slicing them up and selling them to the unaware public.  The third is called Dead of Night. about a group of kids on a weekend getaway looking to have a good time, only to be picked off one by one by a psychotic woodsman who kills people with a pick-axe.  On the side, I am also working on Resurrection of the Dead 2, which will pick up immediately following the events of the first. I know what you're thinking: "The first one hasn't even been picked up yet."  And that's true, but I have a fondness for Ashlie and how she will continue to struggle and fight to survive in a world crawling with the undead.  And after rewriting her character a few times, I actually like her.  I'm sure you will, too, once it's made. 
     So, there ya have it and it's probably why I have been feeling so burnt out, but I think it'll be well worth it in the end.  
     In the next few weeks I am also going to be developing my own website and looking to get financing for ROTD.  Its going to be a challenge, but 2011 has been an incredible year for me.  2012 will be my year in horror. 

No comments:

Post a Comment